Saturday, March 7, 2009

More Trekkin'

I saw Watchmen tonight and got home too late to post the review it deserves (hint: I loved it). I'll post my review later today. But I also saw the Star Trek trailer I posted last night on the big screen and all I can say is "Wow"!
Which brings me to the clip I'm about to show you, which is one of the funniest mash-up videos I have ever seen. Patrick Stewart is a wonderful Shakespearean actor who happened to play Captain Jean-Luc Picard on "Star Trek: The Next Generation." He also platyed Dr. Xavier in the X-Men movies and lends his voice to the animated TV show, "American Dad." In 1995, he appeared as Sterling in the film version of Paul Rudnick's comedy Jeffrey, about a man who is so afraid of contracting AIDS, he gives up sex forever, and then promptly meets the man of his dreams. Sterling (a character I have played on stage) is an interior designer "of a certain age,' who takes a younger lover, a member of the cast of "Cats" on Broadway. That's all you should need to know. Enjoy!



More, anon.
Prospero

2 comments:

Stephen R. said...

"I will change into some appropriate costume," Jean-Luc says. And all my wildest dreams come true!!!

Great mash-up!! Glad you loved WATCHMEN as much as I did! :)

Prospero said...

You gotta love that Klingon's wide-eye reaction.