Thursday, March 19, 2009

Classic Horror?

Today I came across a very funny recut trailer for Titanic which turned it into a horror movie:



Of course, this wasn't the first re-cut trailer I'd ever seen. The first I remember seeing, and maybe the funniest, was this one, for Mary Poppins:
Then I started looking and found plenty of them. Cleverer folks than I (or maybe just folks who have Macs and IMovie), make these things and I just watch and laugh. So, for your perusal, here are several other trailers for movies that aren't horror movies, but imagine they are. Disney seems to fall victim to these kinds of parodies most, as evidenced by this trailer for Cinderella:

And other classic "family" films can be misconstrued in the same way. For example, The Wizard of Oz:




Or Robert Zemeckis' epic, Forrest Gump:

And the Farrely Brothers' rude comedy Dumb and Dumber:

Even John Hughes' classic '80's comedies aren't immune:

And of course, for every action there is an opposite, but equal, reaction. Here's the hilarious comedy version of The Shining:

Oh, YouTube, where would we be without you?

More, anon.

Prospero

No comments: