Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The Gayest Thing You'll See This Week?

Bryan Cranston in "Breaking Bad"
After the first few episodes of AMC's "Breaking Bad," I honestly couldn't handle its brutally realistic bleakness. For those how haven't seen it, "Breaking Bad" is about high school chemistry teacher Walter White (the brilliant Bryan Cranston) whose insurance won't cover the cost of treatments for his cancer. Out of desperation, he teams up with former student Jesse Pinkman (Emmy-winner Aaron Paul) to cook and sell crystal meth, in order to keep providing his family. Walter and Jesse soon find themselves caught up in a very dangerous game which leads to murder and worse. It's intense and savage and all too real (unlike AMC's other brilliant and bleak drama "The Walking Dead," which is pure fantasy).

Now, (via) comes this funny and bizarre mashup of "Breaking Bad" and Brokeback Mountain: "Breakbad Mountain:"



I don't know... these two just don't 'click' for me.

And yes, as a Horror fan, I like my entertainment dark. But I prefer it totally unrealistic. "Breaking Bad" as just a bit too plausible for my taste.

And you must know how much I am looking forward to the return of "The Walking Dead" on October 13th. Not only do we get a 16-episode season 3, we'll be introduced to two major new characters;  Michonne and The Governor. And if that wasn't enough - Merle returns, complete with a deadly homemade prosthetic to replace the hand he cut off on top of the department store in season 1.









Just about 2 and a half weeks to go!

More, anon.
Prospero

No comments: