Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Please Vote on My New Ink

As my birthday present to myself this year, I am getting new ink on my left calf. My dear D and I are going together on August 1st. D has already decided on his design (a crucifix on his right calf). I have been wanting something Egyptian (the tatt on my right hip is a combination of Chinese, Egyptian and Sumerian symbols, which translate roughly as "Expect the Barer of Joy and Wisdom" - I'm still waiting, needless to say). So, I have finally decided that I want a tattoo of The Eye of Horus. But after much research, I have found so many variations, I can't choose. This is where you all come in. Below I have posted several versions which I am contemplating. I figure I can start small and add to it, if I decide to do so. Anyway, I'd love to know which you all prefer. I can't promise I'll go with the popular vote, but your opinions will certainly influence my final decision. Leave me your choice in the comments section, please.



A.

B.



C.



D.

Personally, I'm leaning toward a variation on this one, which might incorporate the Crown of Isis. Like I said, I can start small and add to it.

There are several other versions I am still looking at, but these are my Top 4 choices. So, let me know which one you prefer. I'll be sure to post pics of whatever it is I finally decide upon.

More, anon.

Prospero

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

By far the 4th one is the best - just looking at the eye inside the circle. If you go for #4, I like "start small" and have the eye inclosed in the circle. I could easily see you topping the circle with the cross - I like the colors too.

So when do we see a pic of your other tat?

Prospero said...

That picture, my dear, is reserved for a select few...

Stephen said...

I vote for the fourth.

All my inkings are script... I am going for that "pillow book" look

Happy 4th!