Thursday, September 17, 2009

Another Quickie


This is actually opening night of A View from the Bridge if you look at the time. Since I haven't been to bed yet, it's still Wednesday for me.

Tonight's dress rehearsal went really well. The show is not perfect, nor will it ever be (what show is?), but I'm finally comfortable in Alfieri's skin. This was a toughie, folks; no two words about it. I also realized that I've never played a character that was so specific in ethnicity before (except, perhaps, Claudius in Hamlet), which adds yet another layer to explore. I know I'm going to end up being sad that there wasn't more time for me to play.

Anyway, that's not what this post is about. It's about a movie that had some really positive festival buzz, called Paranormal Activity. It's one of those hand-held POV movies about a couple documenting the goings-on in their supposedly haunted house. Of course, one of my Top Ten Horror Movies is a ghost movie (The Haunting). From everything I've read and seen, it looks like Paranormal Activity may well be as good or even better than The Haunting. And the more I read and see about the movie, the sadder I am that's it's limited release on September 25th is not in a theatre anywhere reasonably near where I live. At least I get to share the extra-creepy trailers with you:





Visit the Paranormal Activity site and "demand" that it be shown in your area.

More, after we open.
Prospero

2 comments:

Stephen said...

Quickies have there place.

BREAK A LEG!
A WARM HAND ON YOUR OPENING!

Stephen R. (the other one)

Prospero said...

I'd rather a warm opening for... well, we won't go there...

Thank you, sir!