Friday, August 7, 2009

Trailers, trailers and more trailers...


For some Cinephiles, sometimes the best part of going to the movies are the previews before the actual movie you've come to see. A friend of mine actualy snuck into a showing of movie just so he could see the trailer for Spider-Man for the third time.

As you may have guessed from previous posts, I love trailers, just so I can get an idea of the films I want to see in the next few months.

This post is all about trailers and my newly discovered (though how could I have missed it?) site, TrailerAddict.

There you will find trailers for just about every movie coming out within the next year or so. The clips I have posted below are all scheduled for release within the next two months or so, with one exception.

I previously posted the official trailer for Zombieland, the Woody Harrelson-starring Zom-Com set in an amusement park.


Below is a promotional clip for Zombieland, that makes me laugh every time I see it:





Meanwhile, TrailerAddict has some trailers for movies that weren't on my radar previously, but now are. You can bet I'll bet I will be attending the opening weekends of most of these films:

First, Dorian Gray, the latest adaptation of the Oscar Wilde fable about the price of eternal youth:




Dorian Gray is scheduled for a September 9th release.


Next, an amusing-looking period zombie movie about 18th Century grave-robbers, I Sell the Dead featuring "Lost" and Lord of the Rings alum Dominic Monaghan and Hellboy, himself, Ron Perlman:




Next is the curious Hungrian/Austrian film Taxidermia, an anthology of related stories finally making its U.S. debut:








Finally, a film in the vein of The Fan, The Crush and Swimfan, Big Fan, starring comedian Patton Oswalt (best known for the TV series "The King of Queens")
I hope you've enjoyed these trailers as much as I have. I hope we both enjoy the actual movies as much we've enjoyed their trailers.
More, anon.
Prospero

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you ever read your blog? Do you vouch for the products you advertise? Do you know that you are advertising Trojan's new Ecstasy Condom? Do they really feel "like nothings there?" Do you recommend them?

Prospero said...

The ads are different every time I sign in. I have no control over them, nor do I personally endorse anything that is advertised. I haven't seen the condom ad. Usually its movie ads (though for a while I was getting ads for birds and bird products). Today its Converse All Stars, which I do actually wear and recommend...