Sunday, August 2, 2009

My New Ink


Well, here it is, on my formerly hairy left calf. It actually looks a lot better in person. The curves of my calf tend to distort it a bit. And my dear D is not a
professional photographer nor was his camera professional grade; and his apartment's tiny kitchen doesn't exactly have the best lighting. Still, you get the general idea.
I will probably go back and have more color added (it's hard to see in the pic, but the iris is green), according to Dale's full-color original.
And I will defintely be going back to Living Arts at least once more, for that insanely gorgeous Pre-Columbian Yin-Yang I already posted about, on the other calf. I never believed it when people said that tattoos were addictive, but now that I have a second one, I want another one. And to be honest, my first was small (2"w x 2.5"h) and relatively hidden on my right hip. As I've gained and lost weight over the years, it's lost its sharpness (mostly because it was so small to begin with) and no longer looks like what I designed 11 years ago. It's time for a visible update, I think.
So, what do you think of it? I love it.
Do you have any ink? If so, what and where? If not, what would you get and where would get it, if you got one? Leave your comments - I LOVE reading them.
More, anon.
Prospero

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it. Some how I missed this post.

I was just reading sozos blog when I noticed the model's tat and was reminded of you. My intent was to show you his and ask for an update and low and behold, you've gone and done it (better!).

http://www.sozosblog.com/2009/08/monday-extra.html

Prospero said...

Thanks! His is the standard, plain EoH. I wanted something completely unique and slightly more elaborate. wait until you see the next one.

Kathi said...

I love your new ink! I have two, one is very small, on my hip, like your other one, the other is on my shoulder. And I know how addicting they can be!
Just to let you know, I've bookmarked your blog, so I can just come to it every day, instead of waiting for you to post it on facebook.