Monday, January 26, 2009

Finally, a Picture

Yes, that is actually Yours Truly behind the mask in the photo to your right. The folks who read my blog because they know me, personally, already know what I look like. As for the rest of my readers (all 3 of you - yes Sean, I'm talking about you); I have to admit to liking the whole anonymity afforded by the Net.
The photograph is from the Eden Services Foundation's annual winter fundraiser, Eden Dreams. The event raises funds for an organization which provides education, support and services to persons with Autism. The event takes place in Princeton, NJ and each year, a themed "Dream Search" is the center of the evening's events, and area actors donate their time to provide atmosphere by portraying the characters that are part of the Dream Search's story. This particular pic is from teh 2008 Dream Search, which had a Venetian theme. As you can see, I'm a big guy, and I usually play the Alpha character. I believe I was a Duke in this picture, though they all seem to run together. I am also always the "father," which cracks me up to no end.
It can be a long evening - an actor can be improving in character for five to six hours, often only having met the rest of the cast, just the night before. I've lost count, but I've been involved with many incarnations of this black-tie event, and while I may bitch and moan about some ridiculous costume or other, or how bad the food they serve "the help" is, or how long I am on my feet, I get to wear stuff way more interesting than the geeks at ComiCon. Plus, it's just a good thing to do.
As always, more, anon.
Prospero

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you're too modest - thanks