Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Dog Tired

Uncle P, If I Were a Dog

Tonight was another long rehearsal. We had a costume parade which lasted about an hour, then started where we left off last night. We got about three-quarters of the way through Act II, and called it a night. 

We have an advantage though -- Thanks to the holiday weekend coming up, there is nothing scheduled in the theatre before we open, so we get an extra 5 days of tech, giving us the luxury of not having to complete a run just yet. And things seem to be finally coming together. I got to see some scenes I am not in and had not seen previously. There's some great stuff going on in them. And the duet with my 'husband' is actually cleaner than I thought it was, even though we haven't run it in a long time (Tom had a shoulder injury and hasn't been able to rehearse for a while). 

I'm finally beginning to see the light at the end of what was a very long tunnel. Maybe now I can get a decent night's sleep.

Don't forget - Caliban's Revenge will feature several guest bloggers next week, many of whom have already submitted some awesome posts. I hope you love these bloggers as much as I do. I consider them my friends, even though I've only actually met a few of them.* And as a special treat, Uncle P's sister will be writing a post of her own. Woo-Hoo!

*And I'll be finally meeting one of them after the Saturday matinee on the 14th.

More, anon.
Prospero

1 comment:

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

I wish I could come and watch you perform!