Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Give Us a Snog Then, Eh?


I know I've talked about my "angel' Matty before. Matty appeared in my 2009 production of The Most Fabulous Story Ever Told and served as Assistant Stage Manager for this summer's production of Sordid Lives. The last time I saw him, we had dinner and fireworks (literal, not figurative) at Seaside Heights, a few weeks ago. Matty is a very talented actor and one of the sweetest, funniest and most genuine people I know. I suspect we'll be seeing Piranha 3D together, as he is almost as big a Horror fan as I am.

Matty and his friend Bobby have become official contenders for a new Guinness World Record for Longest Continuous Kiss. And not only that - but the first Same Sex Longest Continuous Kiss. That's Matty and Bobby in the above photo (Matty's on the left, sans hat). The pic is from their official Facebook page. You can also visit their website, here. The record is currently held by a straight couple from Germany.

I'm blogging about it because A): Matty is a dear friend; B): They've managed to get an article on Queerty.com and C): Well... they're just both so adorable. The event will be taking place today (August 11th, 2010) on the campus of The College of New Jersey (my alma mater). I only wish I could be there to root them on (damn the whole needing to work for money to live thing!). Matty and Bobby are not a couple and have in fact, never kissed before, though I'm sure both young men are up to the task.

Please join me in wishing them the best and hoping that they break the current record, as well as setting a new one.

By the by... I almost titled this post "Kiss-Kiss, Bang-Bang," but thought better of it. There will certainly be no "Bang-Bang" here... Besides, the whole Guinness thing seemed to require a British reference of some kind, don't you think?

*Update (8/13) - Because of the unexpectedly large spectator turnout, Matty and Bobby's kiss-a-thon had to be re-scheduled for September... I'll be sure to keep you updated.

More, anon.
Prospero

No comments: