Saturday, June 12, 2010

Two Weeks From Tonight


You know what that image means. I'm up to my eyeballs in the show. I put up a guest blogger's post over at the JTMF blog, but don't have a whole lot to say here, tonight. Shocking, isn't it?

But it's probably a good thing. I wrote about 10 pages of notes for the new screenplay the other night, and this is the perfect opportunity to implement some of them. The show becomes all-consuming starting Monday and tomorrow I have an appointment with the costumer to find a dress, PJ's and a frilly robe for Doug, who is playing Brother Boy (and no, that's not really Doug in that linked picture).

I've been in email contact with my lighting designer, though we won't meet until next Sunday. We try to be as simple and minimalist as possible, so we have no walls on stage, just furniture (and the show lends itself to that, quite well). Some hard-to-find props have already been found, and there are solutions available for the ones we don't have, yet. In fact, if you are in Central NJ, and find yourself in need of some weird or special prop for your stage production or film, then I highly recommend Anything But Costumes in Flemington. Good prices and an outrageously inclusive collection of period furniture, props and set-dressings make ABC an invaluable resource for theatre and film companies throughout NJ.

Tickets are still available for the upcoming JTMF production of Sordid Lives, June 25, 26 and 27. If you are unable to attend, but would like to support us and our causes, you can make a safe and secure donation via PayPal at out website, www.jtmf.org.

Catch me tomorrow at The Zombie Zone.

More, anon.
Prospero

No comments: