Saturday, January 14, 2012

Feeling More than My Age

Rembrandt Knew What I'm Talking About

I am supposed to be at a house-warming party right now, but I was just too tired to go. Honestly, in the last few weeks, it's like someone threw the 'old' switch on Uncle P. My energy level is definitely on low. 

I know, I know... "Eat right, exercise and get plenty of sleep." 

I try. I really do. But lately... I seem to have just enough energy to get through the day. This, of course, doesn't bode well for my upcoming performance schedule. Though I'm hoping that getting back into the swing of things will help. And while I have added both D3 and B12 supplements to my regimen, I just don't have the stamina or energy that I used to. 

"But Uncle P, you are 'of a certain age.'" Tell me about it. And yes, I have a history of SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder). But what's even worse, I seem to have developed some sort of "Highway Anxiety." Driving on high-speed roadways just fills me with me dread, lately. My chest and back tighten up, my breathing becomes irregular and I have developed a completely irrational fear of veering off into the wrong lane. Maybe it's knowing that I actually have more yesterdays than tomorrows. 

There I go, bumming you guys out again. Sorry. Maybe I just need to get laid. Sorry, again. That's probably way too much information. Of course, it may be seeing my mother and aunt fall into continuing disrepair (I ran errands for both of them, today) that has me down. 

I know plenty of folks my age and older, who are in much better spirits than I. Perhaps I should ask them for their secrets. Or maybe I should just get off my fat ass and do something about it. 


Okay - another rambling rant over. I think I feel better. I'm still holding out for the start of "Hairspray" rehearsals to make me feel better.  Or a good party... oh, wait... Damn!

Here's how I feel, tonight:



More, anon.
Prospero

4 comments:

Stephen said...

Oh, Lordy... you are just a kid!

I find it hard to drive at night.
I get B12 shot once month.
I take industrial strength Vitamin D for SAD.
The state of the world has me apprehensive.
I wish I had a production schedule, but I am probably too pooped to produce anything.

I know you hate awards shows, but... Happy Golden Globes!

Prospero said...

Yeah, yeah. I know. I have my good days, though...

Mrs. Mount said...

LOVE YOU!!! STAY ALIVE (haha that sounds harsh) B/C SOMEDAY I'M TAKING YOU TO THE OSCARS SO YOU CAN MAKE FUN OF EVERYONE WITH ME BUT CRY WITH ME WHEN YOU AND I WIN!!! hehe xoxooxox

Prospero said...

I do so love you, Mrs. Mount!