Friday, December 23, 2011

Wrap-A-Thon Tonight


I am very behind in my holiday preparations this year and will spend much of the night wrapping presents that will be opened tomorrow night, hence the earlier-than-usual post today.

I take great pride in my holiday packages. I always make sure the ribbons, bows, paper and tags are all coordinated, my edges are sharp, the ends folded over and the corners are nice and tight. And I try to make sure they create a pretty display under the tree.

This year, I have decided to not do that at all. I have so many rolls of left-over paper from who knows how many years, that I am going to wrap every present in a different paper and just have a riot of color and patterns. And while I do have a couple dozen gifts to wrap, this will hardly put a dent in all that paper. Maybe I'll do the same thing next year, too. It will probably save me a bundle on wrapping paper for a while. And it'll be just a little bit 'green.' 

I also wanted to take a moment to thank everyone who, both here and on Facebook, gave such wonderful advice on yesterday's post. It's good to know that so many folks care. Thankfully, I won't have to really deal with the issue until after the holidays. I'll be sure to let you know what happens.

If I don't get the chance to do so before, please allow me to wish you a Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, Joyous Kwanzaa and/or whatever holiday you celebrate at this time of year. Thanks for reading me. And thanks for your comments. You should all know by now how much I love hearing from you.

Anyway, here's my early Christmas present to all of you; a funny bit-o-nonsense starring Ryan Gosling and Eva Mendes. Enjoy:



More, anon.
Prospero

4 comments:

John Going Gently said...

enjoyed a troll through the blog.... especially liked zombie barbie!

Prospero said...

Thanks, John! Welcome.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

Of course you take pride in wrapping your packages. You're gay.

I too am doing a wrap a thon. However, I think I can break from my gay gene enough to know that my packages won't be perfect. I'm okay with that.

Mrs. Gosling said...

dude, did i send you the gosling thing? i hope i did, if not, you found it! love it. so glad you had a merry xmas! love u! xo