Sunday, December 4, 2011

I Can't Stop the Beat


So today saw the final performance of A Christmas Carol and I have to be honest, I don't think I'm going to suffer the usual post-show depression I usually experience at the end of a run. Mostly because I'm just exhausted. 

Doing a show while trying to get ready for the holidays is insane, yet there we were... it's like a strange disease or something. Only other Theatre Folk understand. I do get a break now, though. 

Rehearsals for Hairspray won't start until February and rehearsals for Jeffrey won't start until May. Hairspray will undoubtedly mark my retirement from performing in musicals. It's been eleven years since my last one (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum) anyway, and I think it's probably a good one to go out on. Jeffrey not only marks the 10th Anniversary of the JTMF, but will be the first time D and I actually share more than a brief scene on stage together. After that, who knows what theatrical nonsense I might get up to? Maybe 2012 will finally be the year I get a composer to actually finish the score to one of the three musicals I've written. Or I just might finish one or two of the dozens of 'in-progress' screenplays on my hard drive. Or maybe I'll take a nice long break and not do anything creative for a while (like that might happen).

Whatever the New Year brings, I'm looking forward to it. And I hope you are, as well. In the meantime, please enjoy this number from Hairspray:


More, anon.
Prospero

1 comment:

DeepBlue said...

I like the description of that strange disease. Now I understand why my childhood was a big mess! LOL!

And does er... Mr. "D"... has a face? Not that I'm complaining about his delightful hirsutness, not at all...
;)
Hugs
Jon