Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Zombetsy

Via

If you look at the list of blogs Uncle P reads regularly, you find a link to April Winchell's hilarious site, Regretsy. April pokes fun at some of the nonsense that goes on over at Etsy, a site for crafters and makers to sell their wares. She's particularly good at pointing out frauds and re-sellers, but is best at pointing out some of really ridiculous crap people try to sell on the site.

But Etsy actually does have some true artists who make and sell some lovely and interesting things. Today, my zombie-loving co-worker Mia sent me a link to a zombie item on Etsy and I suddenly found myself exploring page after page of items Etsy has liked to the word "zombies." And while I was going to post about the Halloween re-release of Lucio Fulci's Zombie (I'll do that tomorrow), I thought I'd share some of the amusing and disturbing items I found there. So, without further ado, here's a sampling of the zombie-related items I liked best on Etsy:

A Perfect Spaghetti Plate

Zombies Wobble But They Don't Fall Down

This Is Based on the 'Residental Evil' Movies
Wanna Ride?

Hello Dolly?

I'd Post This Sign

A T-Shirt
I'd Actually Wear This One


A Laptop Decal


When Did They Visit Uncle P's Garden?

How Romantic!

 Of course, there are lots and lots of zombie Evil You Know What things available, but I didn't post any pictures of them in deference to Dear D, my sister and Mia, herself -- all coulrophobic zombie-lovers.

If you visit Etsy, there are also many wonderful non-zombie items for sale, as well. Remember, there are only 74 shopping days until Christmas...

More, anon.
Prospero

No comments: