Sunday, November 7, 2010

I Hate My Head


Uncle P had plans for a wonderful weekend of revelry and fun with friends he loves dearly. Last night I was planning on attending a combination Halloween/Birthday party for one of my Top Girls cast members and tonight I was supposed to see a ridiculous Horror movie with Matty.

Needless to say, none of those plans met with fruition, thanks to my fickle sinuses, which decided to inflame themselves to the point of no return. Along with the nasal congestion and explosive pain, my left eye swelled almost shut and felt as though it wanted nothing less than total escape from its socket. And I tried everything from warm compresses to saline eye washes. I even improvised a neti pot using an old watering can. Nothing helped.

As I write this, the infection seems to have switched sides, inflaming the right side of my skull with its insidious horrors. And while it is far from my intention to gross you out, those of you who don't suffer from the genetic curse of bad sinuses should count yourselves among the lucky. I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy (though I'm not above wishing them a bad case of diarrhea). Of course, all this is just making you ask yourselves why I am sharing such disgusting details, but I am so consumed by them I can't write about anything else right now I hope you'll both forgive and sympathize (or maybe even empathize) with me.

And since I really have nothing pithy or political or remotely related to my usual topics to say tonight, I'll leave you with the trailers to two upcoming movies I really want to see:



Skyline opens this coming Friday.



Zack Snyder's Sucker Punch opens next March.

More, when I'm feeling better.
Prospero

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better.