Thursday, May 3, 2012

The Gayest Things You'll See This Week (Oprah Winfrey Edition)

Via

Via Buzzfeed, comes an amusing tweet from Barney Effing Stinson himself, Neil Patrick Harris which read in part:

"...Oprah came over to our house today. I made her pizza."

Honestly, who doesn't love NPH and David Burtka? Handsome, talented and successful, the power couple almost inspired yet another label (it may still happen) but I had a few things to talk about tonight, so it all falls under "The Gayest Thing(s)..."

But back to Harris and Burtka (screw Oprah*). Are there possibly two more appropriate role models for LGBT youth? They have great careers, lots of money and two very photogenic twins. They're the Gay American Dream. And yes, I know not every gay person wants that, just as not every straight person wants it. All I ask is to truly have the right to "...life, liberty and pursuit of happiness." I know I read that somewhere... Anyway, I dare you to come up with a single item that speaks ill of either of them. And neither seems to take what they have for granted. They are both loved by fans, colleagues and friends. There is no dish or dirt; not a single negative thing to be found. How refreshing! Personally, I can't wait for Harris to finally host the Oscars.

Mistie Atkinson, 32 (really?)

This next item (via) isn't very gay at all, but it goes a long way to prove that straight people are often far stranger than anyone I've ever met in the LGBT community (and I've met and known some doozies). Mistie Atkinson (well, there's your problem), 32, of Nice in northern California, was arrested for stalking her estranged 16 year-old son on Facebook and then seducing him! The police report states that they both knew they were biologically related, but it doesn't say if they knew there were mother and son. O.M.G.. EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Excuse me... I have to... BRB...

That's better. One always feels better after one has offered a sacrifice to the porcelain god. Honestly though, I'm kind of glad this involved straight people. Look at David and Neil and then look at Mistie. Who looks happier and more well-adjusted to you? I'm just saying. Mistie has been charged with a variety of sexual assault an incest crimes.

And since this post is just all over the place, anyway, here are two music videos; one old and one new.

New, first:. Here is the latest and very gay video from KINGSHIP, 'Wandering Sailor" (may be NSFW, depending on where you work):



Next is something I've been holding on to for quite a while (and honestly, almost forgot about). It's been a while since I first came across this, so I don't remember if the song is any good or not (almost too tired to care, honestly) and I don't really care. (Update: It's a really awful death-metal thing where the lead "singer'' screams indecipherably with his lips on the microphone). I don't even care about any of the band members' sexuality. I just love that every time some one Googles this song, they get directed to me, first:



Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa!!! My plan for World Domination is working!

More, anon.
Prospero

P.S. - Can you tell I'm in a mood? And can I get some sharks with friggin' lasers on their heads? Is that too much to ask?

*Just kidding, Ms Winfrey. Uh, I mean... Your Highness, uh...Your Majesty, uh...Great and Powerful (and hopefully non-litigious) Supreme Cheerleader for the World. I really do love you, though I hate to admit it publicly.

P

No comments: