Friday, November 25, 2011

The Gayest Thing You'll See This Black Friday


So, I did venture out to do a little shopping today. "Black Friday" is the day after Thanksgiving, so-called because the retailers finally go in the black (as opposed to 'in the red'). It's the second busiest shopping day of the year, after the last Saturday before Christmas, and often results in all sorts of insanity. One case in point: a woman in a California Walmart used pepper-spray on fellow shoppers to gain access to bargains today. Bad form, madam. Bad form. Uncle P did not camp out, wake up early or do anything particularly idiotic today, other than venture out into some ridiculous traffic.

I'm making a particular Christmas gift for one friend and had a coupon for a local craft store that had to be used by noon, so I went out around 10:30 for some of the supplies I needed. I also stopped by a local gourmet shop to pick up some yummy things for another friend's "Bag of Delicious" gift.  The stores were crowded, but I found no one pushing, shoving or screaming, thankfully. I came home; put away my purchases; hung the Christmas wreaths and then came in to check my email, Facebook and the sites I visit daily.

That's when I came across the beautiful video I am about to share with you. It's from the Australian campaign for Marriage Equality and if you don't get a little choked up by the end, you're probably not human. Here then (via), is It's Time:



Have your eyes cleared, yet? Good. Things like this seem to restore my faith in humanity. I've already shared this video on Facebook, but felt I needed to share with all of you, as well. I encourage you to share it, too. Love is love, folks. And while I may well be preaching to the choir, the more we share the message and spread the word, the better. 

More, anon.
Prospero

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always thought the gayest thing I'd see is my reflection in a mirror. :)

DeepBlue said...

Well... You got me crying!
HAPPY NOW? ;¬D

Beautiful video!

Hugs
Jon