Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Flashiest Things You'll See This Week


By now, you know how much I love a well-organized and entertaining flashmob event. And no one seems to do them better than Australian drag queens. And Joyce Maynge seems to be the queen of drag queen flashmobs.

Joyce was the star of my favorite flashmob of all time, the Bondi Beach event promoting Sydney's Gay Mardi Gras. Well she's back, this time in a dance-off with Decoda Secret at the Sydney Harbor. It's like the drag version of the Jets and the Sharks, down under. Personally, I think Decoda is more successful in impersonating a woman, though Joyce has a certain charm. And Joyce's "posse" seems way gayer.

Oz has always seemed to me to be one of those places where getting one's freak on was perfectly acceptable. Though what can one expect from a country founded by criminals? And that's not meant to be disrespectful to Australians in the least. I've known my share of folks from the land of koalas, wallabies and platypuses, and they've all been just lovely people. And I, for one, have nothing at all against getting your freak on. As long as those helping you to do so are in full agreement in the matter. So, without further ado, please enjoy Ms. Maynge's latest public display of affection (via):



And the "Glee" flashmob phenomena continues with this entry at OSU's Ohio Union:



And finally, there's this dance flashmob for the NJ Arts Council's ART MATTERS campaign, recently organized by my friend Jonathan at the Jersey Gardens Mall in Elizabeth, NJ:



How fun are these? I can't wait until I get to participate in an event like these.

More, anon.
Prospero

No comments: