Thursday, October 23, 2008

A Variety of Topics

Lots to talk about today. First off is the newest film to top my MUST SEE list for the fall, Were the World Mine, writer/director Tom Gustafson's fantasy about a gay teen in small-minded small town who, while playing Puck in a production of A Midsummer Night's Dream, discovers a love potion that turns people gay. From the trailer it looks sweet, funny and romantic. See for yourself:
And now a brief update on my birds, Zebina and Zebadiah. As my regular reader (ha) knows, Zebina was purchased for my production of The Skin of Our Teeth, last month. After the show closed, I brought her home and quickly bought her a partner, who I promptly named Zebadiah. Since then, they have gotten along quite well. Last week, I went out and bought them a box of 'nesting material' in the hopes that it would it encourage them to use the wicker nest I had hung inside their cage. Well, it took a while, but Zebadiah finally discovered the cotton fibers and has since fully lined the nest with it. The two now spend much of their time huddled together in the nest and I expect that anytime now I will find tiny Zebra Finch eggs inside and will, for the first time in my life, be able to refer to myself as... wait for it... a 'breeder.' Ha-ha!
And finally, one more word on California's Proposition 8, from my favorite raunchy comedienne, Chelsea Handler:
As always, more of this anon.
Prospero

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's my little nugget.