Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Taking a Break


It's not easy coming up with pithy and amusing things to write about every day. I'm still working on the promised but delayed Ariel Awards for this year and while I could probably prattle on about some subject or other which has significance to myself and a small circle of my friends, I'd rather wait until I have something I think is significant to say to everyone. 

Of course, it's not that I imagine anything I have to say has any real significance at all. I'm not quite that arrogant (or at least I a hope I'm not). Still, it's unfair for me to expect you to hang on every little thing I write. Indeed, all of us probably have better things to do.

I'm still fighting my annual battle with S.A.D. but hoping that the upcoming reunion dinner with my amazing Top Girls cast on Saturday will bring some relief. And thoughts of my usually annual trek to the Sunshine State (delayed thanks to last year's forced Home Improvement debacles) is looming. It's amazing what 10 days of 80+ degree weather can do for one's spirits). And hopefully, something will come along to alleviate all the terrible news coming out of Egypt and other Middle Eastern nations. Or maybe something incredibly and fabulously gay will come along to make me laugh and want to share.

I'm still trying to get the JTMF regulars together to make an "It Gets Better" video for The Trevor Project before it becomes passe, a task proving equal to herding cats. And I'm starting to work on pre-production for JTMF's upcoming production of Charles Busch's Die Mommie, Die! for our annual June fundraiser, but that seems so far away... 

The winter will end and Uncle P will rebound (at least I hope I will). And I am often amazed at how therapeutic blogging (i.e. bitching publicly) can be. I thank all of you for hanging in with me and promise I'll have some funny and (hopefully) thought-provoking things to say soon. 

Maybe something out-and-out silly will help:



Goooood Niiiight.... a ding-a-ding-ding-ding-ding-ding!

More, anon.
Prospero

3 comments:

Stephen said...

I suffer from SAD (I live in rainy Portland!)

Vitamin D. Really. Lots of it. it will help.

Remember, you are loved.

Michael Offutt, Phantom Reader said...

S.A.D. is pretty common. People always suggest "Use a bright indoor light" or something that mimics sunshine but I don't think there is any substitute for true sunlight. Maybe what you need is a great vacation someplace really sunny to cheer you up. Here's to doing just that so you can come back and write more witty stuff :))

Prospero said...

You guys are the best!