Thursday, September 23, 2010

Opening Night Nonsense


So, tonight is Top Girls opening night and we're still looking for a few small props. Our producer headed out to the Dollar Store today in search of brandy snifters. She didn't find them, but did come across the inexplicable item in the photo your right, which she snapped with her phone and immediately shared with me and the cast. But I have to know, what the hell is it?

It appears to be the last one, which says to me that several people plunked down their hard-earned dollar and bought one of these, whatever they are. I guess its a toy, but it seems incomplete. And is it a dinosaur? An alien? Jar Jar Binks' disabled cousin? I mean really... What the hell is it? Any ideas?

Anyway, Uncle P is in the midst of a change-of-season sinus infection, making what should be a terrific day, a miserable one. I'm loaded up on decongestants and pain relievers and hoping that Opening Night adrenaline will kick in and make me forget about it by curtain, tonight.

If you know what that thing is, or have a funny idea of what it might be, let me know. 

More, anon.
Prospero

4 comments:

Shelley said...

That statue is actually a bust of Sebulba, the cutthroat alien podracer that competes against young Anakin Skywalker in Star Wars Episode 1: The Phantom Menace.

Yes, I am that nerd.

Prospero said...

Wow. I can't believe anyone actually knows anything from that terrible movie...

Prospero said...

BTW - I still want to know what it's function is. I'm thinking maybe a sippy-cup topper?

Jono said...

It was a Burger King cup topper in 1999. I have the C3P0 from the same series.