Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Hang In There...



My sister and I have this fascination (along with millions of others, I'm guessing) with abandoned places. And in particular, abadoned amusement parks. There's something particularly sad and creepy about a decaying theme park, once a place of happy shrieks and laughter, now silently rotting away, all but forgetton except by a few folks like Uncle P., who love them.
The family of a friend of mine owns a vacation house in the Pocono Mountains near Winona 5 Falls. The first few times I spent a weekend there, we went exploring the then-abandoned amusement park on the other side of the brook that runs behind the house. It was creepy and fun. The park has since been revitialized and while I haven't been there in quite some time, my friend tells me it's been up and running for a while now. Now while I am happy that the park is once again home to amused shrieks and laughter, it actually makes me sad that the creepy old place is no longer a creepy old place.
Of course, as with so many of my posts, the link between abandoned amusement parks and the actual point I'm trying to make is tenuous, at best. I simply wanted to let you know that I have not abandoned you or the blog. I'm still having PC issues at home and won't get to take it in for repair until the weekend, so I'm left to blog from work on my lunch hour. And forced to do so using an antique version of Explorer, so I can't format the way I prefer or even properly embed videos... argh!
Anyway, I hope to be up and posting regularly again after the 4th. Until then, hang in there. I'll be back. Until then, please enjoy this quirky little clip of a trip to an abandoned Korean amusement park (sorry about the music, but turn down the volume and enjoy):
More, eventually.
Prospero

2 comments:

ejaz14357 said...

Caliban's Revenge is very good name.

ejaz14357 said...

Caliban's Revenge is good blog tv i like this.